Chicago shooting: Charges filed against two suspects

Chicago police say two people have been charged in connection with a shooting spree last week at a Chicago park, but neither of them pulled the trigger.

Kewane Gatewood, 20, and Bryon Champ, 21, are each charged with three counts of attempted murder and aggravated battery with a firearm, police said in a statement.

In all, 13 people were shot Thursday at the Back of the Yards neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side. Police said while Gatewood and Champ “played significant roles in the shooting, neither is believed to be a shooter, and the investigation into the incident continues.”

The shooting victims included 3-year-old Deonta Howard and two 15-year-olds. All 13 victims survived.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/23/justice/chicago-shooting/?hpt=us_c1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s